FROM THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK
A PATHWAY TO PROGRESS…..
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world
– Nelson Mondela
If there is anything that can bring about a positive change in the world around us, it is education. Education is the only key that can break across the thresholds of inhibition and repression. It elevates one’s mind far above petty opinions and differences. It empowers the ordinary to reach the peaks of success and accomplishment. The campion Anglo-Indian Hr. Sec. School provides it’s learners a value based, activity oriented learning, that takes education beyond the classrooms. We create the zeal in pro-active, multi-talented learners to make a difference in the world. They eventually realize that education must be laboriously sought with devotion and passion, it cannot be simply attained by just enrolling in a institution.
Learners who earnestly apply their every skill in gaining knowledge will be empowered to sail smooth towards their destiny Campion Anglo Indian Hr. Sec.School provides ample opportunities for the students to realize the transformation that knowledge can provide. Be it sports or academics or cultural they are trained to radiate and rise a step ahead of their comrades in creating a news horizon to explore.
The motto for the academic year 2017-2018 is “Campion Youngstars to Inspire”. It stands as a watchword helping students focus their vision beyond the present. ‘He who opens a school door, closes a prision’, says Victor Hugo. So if we want to see the dawn of success and prosperity in the lives of the children entrusted to us it can be attained only by helping them savor the fruit of knowledge and it is our duty to provide a congenial environment that brings about an explosion of knowledge. For it is said “The roots of education are bitter but the fruit is sweet.
Campion creates such an environment that makes an impact on the students to seek experience and master the art of knowledge acquisition and thereby be empowered. We thus hold the ideals of Montfort in lighting young lives and teach the future to learn from the past and achieve great heights in the present.
The icon of hard work and determination is the Director and Correspondent of Campion Anglo Indian Hr.Sec.School, Rev. Bro. Irudayam. He blossomed in the hands of Mr. Michael and Mrs. Pushpam on 7th December 1965.
Hailing from Samayanallur in Madurai district, he completed a major part of his elementary education in Dindigul. Holding a doctorate from Bharathidasan University, he has completed his MBA in education and management from the Alagappa University. He has acquired a masters degree in Physics, Electricals and Electronics, Psychology, English, Sociology and Christian Studies. With an M.Ed in Annamalai University and an M.Phil in Bharathidasan University, he strives to uplift the socio economic standards of the pupils who come from deserving back grounds. Utilizing every minute in scaling the pyramid of education, he has also completed BGL, PGDCA, PGDHET and PGDEA.
AREA OF INTEREST:
Rev. Bro. Dr. Irudayam has a flair for serving the society by creating a positive change in every possible way.
- He has associated and worked with the British Council, (Cordan Partan university) and the Dept of Education and technology, Bharathidasan University in implementing the HE – LINK programme.
- He has participated in ‘research A’ certificate course conducted by NIEPA at Delhi.
- He has also completed the Monfortian Spirituality course and the basic scout masters training programme.
INTERNATIONAL LEVEL PAPER PRESENTATION:
He has presented several papers in the international level, carving a niche for himself in the field of education. The following are the list of papers presented.
- Development of training package for the socially disadvantaged population-British Council.
- The studying pattern of the children of cement quarry workers of Tamil Nadu (NCERT) Delhi.
- Quality improvement in the education system (NAAC) – Delhi.
- Orientation workshop on researchers for improving the quality of elementary schools (NIEPA) at Delhi.
- Equalities in Educational opportunities through Distance Education – Dept. of Education, Bharathidasan University, Trichy.
- Instructional Designing for the life long learning of the Disadvantaged Learners-Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai.
- Empowerment of the disadvantaged communities at Ariyalur – British Council and Bharathidasan University.
He has presented the following papers at the national level.
- Tomorrow’s Technology for Education: SETRAD-BHARATHIDASAN UNIVERSITY, Trichy.
- Integration of Technology into school Education – BHARATHIDASAN UNIVERSITY, Trichy.
- Technology for a ‘Computer Teacher’ – Jenney’s College of Education, Trichy.
Rev.Bro.Dr. Irudayam is a pious devotee of Our Lady and a chosen son the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
He labours tirelessly for the welfare of the children entrusted in his care. Here is a short account of his religious life.
He professed his religious vows on 27th April 1986 at Sitagareh, Bihar. He started his mission as brother in Nirmala Hr. Sec. School, Kolathur. From the year 1987 to 1995 he served in various institutions.
- 1987-1989 Two years in Yercaud in RC Susai School, Yercaud.
- 1989-1992 St. Joseph College, Trichy.
- 1992-1993 St. John High School Kolaship, Mizoram.
- 1993-1994 Montfort College, Bangalore.
- 1994-1995 St. James, Palakurichy.
- 1997-1998 R.C Susai Hr. Sec. School, Kalugumalai.
- 1998-2001 Campion Hr. Sec. School, Trichy.
- In the year 1995 he became the Principal of Montfort Mat. School, Manaparai. He served as Principal in the following schools.
- 2001-2007 Principal, Montfort Matric School, Ariyalur.
- 2007-2008 Headmaster, R.C. Susai School, Kalugumalai.
- 2009-2012 Headmaster & Correspondent, St. Joseph’s Hr. Sec.School Chengalpattu.
- 2012-2014 Headmater & Correspondent, St. Peter’s Hr. Sec school, Royapuram.
- 2014-2016 Director, Headmaster & Correspondent, Santhome Hr.Sec.School, Chennai.
- 2016-2017 Director of all Montfortian schools in Tamil Nadu.
- 2017 – onwards Principal & Correspondent of Campion Anglo Indian Hr. Sec. Shool, Trichy.
- Life of Montfort
- Education of the Socially disadvantaged (Co-Authored)
AREA OF SPECIALIZATION:
- Implementation of Educational Technology in Schools.
- Curriculum Construction and Curriculum Designing.
- Evaluating process in higher Education.
- Performance and Assessment on Teacher Education.
- Conducting seminars and talk shows.
- Sports – Represented State Football Tean.
- Great oratorical prowess.
- Planner and Executer
- Trainer in soft skills and life skills.
- Parting motivational seminars to students and teachers.
Rev. Bro. Dr. Irudayam M.
M.Sc.(Phy); M.Sc.(E&E); M.Sc.(Psy); M.A(Eng); M.Phil. M.A(Soc); M.Phil; M.A. (Xtian)B.G.L PGDCA; PGDHET; PGDEA; M.B.A.; M.Ed., Ph.d.,
Campion Anglo Indian Hr. Sec.School,
Trichy – 1.